Q&A
Hii! It's time for Q&A! I put a question box at Instagram in my stories and I got bunch of nice and good questions.
1. What made you start collecting dolls?/How did you end up collecting dolls?
- My big sibling wanted me to play GoSuperModel online game as a co-op with the minigames so I joined there, later on found peoples online magazines there and found a magazine of Pullip dolls, made me interested of those 'cause of their different looks compared to Bratz, Barbie, Monster High etc dolls.
Then I started to search about them and took me 1 or 2 years of convincing to my dad to get me one haha! He didn't enjoy the price tag at first but then he got on pretty fast that this is gonna be a hobby just like Bratz dolls were for me before and how much I would spend my time with them. c:
2. What was your first impression of Pullip family dolls?
- To be honest, I wish I would remember! :---( Probably very amazed. I remember the GoSuperModel magazine having Pullip Ddalgi's photo on the cover and I am still obsessed of her promo photos!
3. What kind of (doll) sewing projects do you enjoy? What would you still like to make?
- Lately I have been enjoying making corset tops since they actually are quite easy to make! Mostly I enjoy making easy and quick clothes since I don't have that much patience to make more complex ones. :--( I also definitely would love to learn how to make doll sized pants/jeans, but shits too hard for me for no reason.. >:--(
I would definitely want to learn to make pants and shirts! Especially for Taeyang dolls, for my boys and for sale for others boys!
4. Any dream dolls you are still looking for?
- Three different kind of custom dolls (more about them later if I ever manage to fulfill them with their own blog posts lol) and maybe Pullip Naoko..? Would be pretty cool to own a Pullip Bonita and have her as full stock next to the Pullip Complete Style -book in my vitrine. :--0 She's just very iconic and I adore her silhouette, maybe I have stared at her promo photos too much just like Ddalgi's... they are burnt into my brain...
5. Who is your favorite from your collection?
- This is always such a tough question since I don't do favorites with anything! > - < But I have always been very fond of Nox, she is really easy to style, her look came together instantly without any issues and she is one of the first ones in my 2.0 collection. But I would be lying if I also wouldn't mention Aether! ....or Valtiel... Mimi.... Daisuke.... Melina-Maria.....Angel.......
6. What inspires you in this hobby?
- Being creative, being able to stare at pretty things, fashion even though I don't know anything about it but it's more to just have fun with it. I also love thinking about different ways to style dolls even if I wouldn't own them! So as a short answer: inspo -> video games and avatar making/dress up games lol..
7. What inspires your dolls looks?
- Fashion, maybe..? I make it sound like fashion is my passion but it really isn't, there just is a lot of subcultures in fashion that are very nostalgic to me which reminds me of 2010-2015 internet and fashion and styles I have come around and seen (of course most of the fashion styles I enjoy comes from the '90-00's). Especially when it comes to alt fashion and nerd culture.
8. Did you have any favorite doll blogs at the beginning of your hobby?
- I did have few! I don't know are they still up since I don't know the links to them and I don't wanna name drop anyones names. > - < But it was a small friend group and I read all of their blogs!
9. Did you have a blog in the early stages of your hobby?
- I did have! I first posted about other dolls and spoke about the Pullip family dolls I would like to have, eventually my first blog turned into a Pullip blog.
10. What is your least favorite doll, which you would still get if you would get it really cheap?
- I have been thinking this question for way too many days.. Only because I see potential in most of them either as keeping them completely as stock or restyling but I enjoy the TokiDoki dolls the least so!
11. When did you start sewing? How long have you made doll clothes?
- I started sewing at preschool (6yo), I don't know why it stuck around more or less haha! I started making doll clothes back in... 2012 or 2013..? So for a while I guess! Not very actively though, there's a lots of room to improve but I am quite happy with the current skills I have! Other than... the pants...
12. If you made a doll version of yourself, which doll model would you use as the base?
- Maybe Taeyang!
13. If you could choose any doll to be re-released which one would you pick and would you want any small changes to it?
- DEFINITELY PULLIP NAOKO!! WHERE IS MY NAOKO!! Then my collection would be complete with the stock dolls! (+2-3 custom dolls)
14. Which doll was your first one?
- Pullip Hatsune Miku Lol version! Always in my heart.<3
15. Will you make a doll clothes commission sheet in the future?
- To be honest I don't know, I haven't thought about that! I get a lot of more pressure when I do commissions for others than when I just make things and put them on sale. > - <
But if I don't take commissions I will never improve my skills!
16. Tell us your dolls favorite food/color?
- I think Angel likes warm colors, Melina-Maria definitely likes red, green, white, brown and yellow! She also likes apple flavor! Viktor likes black, white and silver, maybe wine red too. Mimi ofc likes pink and Daisuke likes brown and black.
17. What would you wish for the future of the Pullip scene as a hobby?
- For people being kind, caring, nice and sincere. Small spaces/scenes don't have space for bullying, me and ya'll are weirdos in others eyes who doesn't collect dolls so why have to be petty towards others in the same scene you know..?
Also maybe more doll meet ups?
18. How are you? :3
- I am doing pretty good right now thank you! I should be sleeping right now but here I am making this hehe... I got my friends commission done and I made some bracelets for sale and will do more, it's nice to have a little break from sewing and do something else for dolls. c:
Later I will do another for bonnet as a commission but that will happen in July! Gonna go to Moomin park and visit some relatives first before that and before making more things for sale to a next doll meet up. :3
I also have been thinking about my dolls, what they need etc.
19. Does your dolls have any relationships to each other?
- They do! Angel and Aether are siblings, Angel is the big sis. Nox and Colin are twins, Nox is older and she teases him about it. Viktor and Daisuke are exes, Daisuke and Mimi are dating, Aether and Cecil are best friends, Cecil and Viktor are cousins, Colin thinks Viktor is scary, Nox and Mimi are best friends, Colin has a puppy crush on Daisuke. There's some info about the group dynamic! That wasn't all of it ofc but everyone knows each other somehow, either they are related, friends, dating, mutuals or..... a weird cryptic dude among everyone.............. (Valtiel)
20. Is your collection done or a work in process? What are your goals for your collection?
- Oh I wish my collection would be ready, it was for a long time but then I got more and more dolls and never finished them before getting more and more dolls... oopsie... XD
My goals is to get everyone ready before 2025 ends so uuuuhhh better hurry up bitch.. (I will be flexible when it comes to rebodying dolls, I'd just want them to have correct wigs etc etc at least..).
But gladly my list isn't that long! ...ish.... AND!!! CLOTHES!!! I NEED TO MAKE CLOTHES!! Or window shop secondhand apps. So uhh yeah I guess my goal would be to get my current dolls fully ready or almost fully ready, make them few different outfits and maybe take more photos of them or at least interact with them more or just stare at them more idk..?? XD
Dolls I have and need something:
Angel (Pullip Aquel): Mimi (Pullip MIO Mocha):
- A new wig - A new body
- A new set of lashes - Earrings (don't know will I glue them or make holes)
- More touch up with makeup
Daisuke (Taeyang full/semi full custom): Colin (Taeyang full custom):
- A new body... dude is falling apart... - A faceup
- A leg prosthesis - 27cm Male Obitsu body (the old version)
Isul Midnight Deja Vu:
- A wig
- Eyelashes
Dolls that are completely ready:
- Nox (Pullip Prunella)
- Melina-Maria (Pullip Ddalgi)
- Aether (Isul Glen)
- Viktor (Taeyang Ama Barbara)
- Valtiel (Taeyang Missionary)
(+ Rei Ayanami and Asuka Soryu Langley Pullip dolls but I count them as anime merchandise, not so much of part of my collection)
Dolls I am planning on:
Lilith/Lily (Yeolume full custom): Yara (Pullip full custom):
- A wig (already have one) - Depends on the base and would the stock wig be good
- A new body but potentially a new wig..?
- New eyes..? - Depends on the base but new eyes if the stock eyes
- Eyelashes wouldn't be good..?
- A new body
- Eyelashes
? (Taeyang full custom): ? (Pullip Naoko):
- New eyes - New eyes
- Maybe a new body..?
- A wig (already have one)
I am looking at this list and it's funny how many dolls I already have and how many I could have if I had the dolls I am planning on. Could also be cool to own an older doll model, I love the round faces and sunken in-sleepy eyes so much but we'll see, I highly doubt I will get one!

Kommentit
Lähetä kommentti